Thursday, June 23, 2011
Well??? Are you?
What? You don't know what I'm talking about?
Here's a recent scenario to illustrate:
1. Cara runs a giveaway on her blog for a lovely quilt. People comment to enter to win.
2. Cara gets an email every time someone comments on her post.
3. When the giveaway closes, Cara uses random.org to pick a winner of her quilt.
4. Janet is the lucky winner.
5. When she goes to reply to Janet, her first name pops up but instead of her email address, it says "NO-REPLY." How frustrating. Cara has no way of contacting the winner.
So what went wrong? This person doesn't have an email associated with her Blogger profile so no one can reply to comments she leaves or get her the quilt she won. How sad.
Jodi at Pleasant Home has a great post about this no-reply blogger thing and how to fix it. I highly recommend reading it. At a minimum, it's good form to at least leave an email in your comment if you want a reply.
So Janet, dear Janet, I need to hear back from you. You were selected on Monday as the winner of my Pez quilt. If I don't hear back from you by Monday, June 27, I'll have no other choice than to select another winner.
Update: Janet has contacted me! Thanks, Janet! For those hoping for a re-draw, don't dismay. I have a fantastic giveaway coming up that I think you will LOVE.